Monday, January 04, 2010

Resolutions, Remixed




Resolutions are not usually my cup of tea.

Of course, I like to think about improving my life and the lives of others with each fresh year that revolves toward us continually. But usually these thoughts are along the vague lines of something like "become more organized" or "become a more active participant in my local community."

But this year, my previous ambiguous goals were trimmed, simplified and narrowed to a specific vision - thanks to the Richmond Public Library and this blog in particular. We at the library want this blog to be the best it can be and this is where my personal resolution comes in.






I want to reach even more members of our Richmond community, and really start a dialogue on what you might like to see more of on this blog or at your local library. Would you like to see more features with members of the public library and their connections to the RPL? Do you want to know more about what goes on behind the scenes? Do you crave book reviews and recommendations? Wish that we covered more local writers and events? Provided new websites to check out?

This is your chance to really help tailor this page to your needs. So throw me a comment below or email if you so choose. Ask your neighbor what they would like to see, and then direct them to this page. I cannot emphasize enough how much we would love to hear your thoughts and ideas in this new year. Maybe you have a few resolutions of your own that could benefit by your participation?

Current ideas include further tutorials about different services the RPL can provide, potential book reviews and a series of interviews with you, the patrons. Let us know what you think!

No comments: