Friday, July 29, 2016

Who knows you better than YOU?

A few days ago I stumbled upon a book called Love Louder: 33 ways to amplify your life by Preston Smiles. Being the self-help fanatic that I am, I indulged. Now I'm only about half of the way through the book but I already feel myself being lifted into a new. I've done some research on this guy Preston and he seems like someone I should know personally. He's an advocate of taking control of your life, challenging yourself and building a better you. As I was reading I definitely could relate to many situations. If you need a wake up call check this book out it will have you reevaluating things!







The ever so popular TV producer, Shonda Rhimes wrote Year of Yes which is a fun read. I grabbed the audio book version, narrated by Ms. Rhimes herself and she is hilarious! It's a bio about her life and trials as mother, sister, friend and powerful black woman in the world of television. She has fears and makes mistakes just like the rest of us. She states sometimes we need wine more than food. She unapologetically puts herself out there and I respect her for it. Instead of being what you think people want you to be, why not I don't know, BE YOURSELF. I've never watched Grey's Anatomy or could keep up with the many seasons of Scandal or How To Get Away With Murder, but she is definitely owning Thursday night TV. 



No comments: